Sausage rolls is the perfect breakfast meal. This recipe shows you how to cook sausage rolls the easy way when you don’t have enough time on your hands.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cups button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 450 g of sausage meat or ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 450 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Crack an egg in a bowl whisk and set aside for assembling sausage rolls.
- In a pan under low heat, put 2 tbsp of butter. Stir in 1 1/3 cups of chopped mushrooms. Cook until softened.
- Add Tabasco, thyme Worcestershire sauce, and sausages. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine your ingredients in a bowl. Add sausages and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll two thawed puff pastry sheets to two large rectangles.
- Split the sausage mixture between your rectangle pastry each as long as the rectangles
- Dip cooking brush in the egg and brush along the opposite edge from the sausage. Fold over, then press down firmly till sealed. Repeat for each.
- Cut each pastry rectangle into individual sausage rolls. Approximately ten pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes till golden brown and puffed. Serve hot.